All it takes is a collision with a drunk driver or a slip-and-fall on a spill at the grocery store to change your life forever. But just because someone else was negligent doesn't mean you should have to struggle or suffer with a permanent disability.
At Salam & Associates, PC, it is our mission to help people who have suffered catastrophic injuries in accidents by fighting for compensation and holding negligent parties accountable for their actions.
From our offices in Richardson, we serve throughout Texas and New Mexico. We are also available to meet (by appointment only) in our Las Cruces location.
Types of Accidents and Associated Disabling Injuries
Many accidents cause disabling injuries every year. The more common types include:
• Accidents involving semi trucks — Collisions with semi trucks can lead to traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and other disabilities.
• Bicycle-vehicle collisions — Bicyclists hit by motor vehicles often suffer damage to internal organs and head and spinal cord injuries, all of which can lead to permanent disability.
• Motorcycles crashes — Just like bicyclists, motorcyclists have little protection in vehicle collisions. Injuries are often catastrophic.
• Drunk driving accidents — Intoxicated drivers are often involved in head-on collisions, violent rear-end collisions and rollover crashes, which can leave innocent victims paralyzed or forced to live with other disabling injuries.
• Watercraft collisions — An occupant in a boat may be thrown in a collision, causing serious damage to the head, brain and spine. If a person gets too close to a propeller, he or she could suffer serious injury or lose a limb.
• Slip-and-fall accidents — Whether on someone else's property or in a store, a slip-and-fall can result in permanent trauma to the head and back.
• Workplace accidents — Dangerous work conditions can lead to a variety of disabling injuries, including brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, nerve damage, loss of limb and more.
• Machinery malfunctions — Defective machinery and equipment account for a significant number of amputations each year.
• Scaffolding and crane accidents — Common on construction sites throughout Texas and New Mexico, crane and scaffolding accidents can result in many injuries, including significant brain and spinal cord damage.
• Oil rig and drilling platform incidents— From slip-and-fall accidents to rig explosions, oil and gas workers are constantly at risk of everything from head injuries to serious burn injuries.
We Can Minimize the Impact a Disability Has on Your Life
A disability can hamper:
• Your ability to do the job you once held
• Navigating around your home
• Your interactions with other people
• Your ability to communicate
• Your ability to perform daily tasks
• Feeding or caring for yourself
• Enjoyment of the life you once had
Attorney Fatima Hassan-Sallam understands the full cost of a permanent disability, which is why our firm won't let the insurance company tell you the amount of money you need to lead a normal life. We can help you recover:
• Medical expenses (present and future)
• Prescription medication costs
• Expenses for physical therapy and counseling
• Long-term and in-home care
• Costs associated with purchases of a wheelchair, medical equipment and monitoring devices
• Home modification expenses for wheelchair ramps
• Lost wages
• Loss of enjoyment
• Loss of ability to work
Turn to Us Whenever You Need Help
We have an open door policy at Salam & Associates, PC, because we believe in giving you the attention you need and deserve. Whatever questions or concerns you have, you can trust our advice and counsel, which is backed by 60 years of combined legal experience.
Let us handle the paperwork and the job of pursuing fair compensation for you and your family.
To schedule a free 30-minute initial consultation, call 972-437-1900 or send us an email. We are willing to travel to meet you if that's convenient. Hablamos español.